NR 704 Assignment You Decide Reflection
NR 704 Assignment You Decide Reflection
The purpose of this applicationis to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected DNP competencies acquired through the NR704 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
CO2: Assimilate principles of epidemiology with scientific data necessary for epidemiologic intervention and draw appropriate inferences from epidemiologic data (PO #1).
CO5: Analyze the role of the nurse in advanced nursing practice nurse to overcoming access barriers by providing culturally-relevant and high-quality healthcare for vulnerable and high-risk populations (PO #1).
CO10: Integrate intra-/interprofessional collaboration in the design, implementation, and outcomes evaluation elements of a selected interventional public health program for improving health (PO #8).
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
Submit your completed application under the Dropbox tab by Wednesday11:59 p.m. MT of Week 8 as directed.
1. The You Decide Reflectionis worth 100 points and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Create your essay using Microsoft Word(a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”
3. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q&A forum.
4. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
5. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association(2010, p. 63).
a. You Decide Reflection
Preparing Your Reflection
The DNP Essentials (AACN, 2006)outline a number ofpopulation healthcompetencies for theDNP-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NR704 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Analyze epidemiological, biostatistical, environmental, and other appropriate scientific data related to individual, aggregate, and population health.
2. Synthesize concepts, including psychosocial dimensions and cultural diversity, related to clinical prevention and population health in developing, implementing, and evaluating interventions to address health promotion/disease prevention efforts, improve health status/access patterns, and/or address gaps in care of individuals, aggregates, or populations.
3. Evaluate care delivery models and/or strategies using concepts related to community, environmental and occupational health, and cultural and socioeconomic dimensions of health” (AACN, 2006, p. 16).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice.Washington, DC: Author.
NR704 Week 1 Discussion 1 & 2 Latest 2018 April
Week 1: DNP Role in Population-Focused Interventions
4949 unread replies.6565 replies.
How do population interventions differ from individually focused interventions? Give an example of a holistic/biopsychosociospiritual (BPSS) intervention focused on an individual and then revise the intervention to focus on a similar population.
Week 1: Assessing Populations
4949 unread replies.6060 replies.
Investigate the top four health issues for the population in your state or region. Compare these issues to Healthy People 2020. Are the issues in your area similar to or different from the national issues? If they are not congruent, what is your supposition regarding the difference. NOTE: One of these health issues will serve as the basis for your Evidence-Based Health Promotion Project.