NR 533 Budget Development Essay
NR 533 Budget Development Essay
The Budget Development Assignment must be submitted by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5. The guidelines and grading rubric are located below and in the Course Resources.
The purposes of this assignment are to (a) identify and articulate key concepts of budget-development strategies for your cardiac unit at Saint Louis Medical Center (SLMC), which includes evaluating variance analyses as they apply to nursing budgets within healthcare organizations; (b) formulate a revenue-and-expense budget for a nursing unit within a healthcare organization; and (c) communicate the information in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner.
- This paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization, based on the required components.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as an MS Word document because it will end in .docx.
- Submit the paper to the appropriate CCN Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read by the instructor and will not count toward your grade.
- APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and a reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See the APA manual for details. See the resource in Doc Sharing called Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers. Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment:
- Include an introduction (do not label it as a heading in APA format)
- Identify steps to develop a budget
- Analysis of sample budget development
- Strategies to improve budget development
- Supporting evidence
Preparing the paper
As the nurse executive of a healthcare organization, you were provided a sample budget for the cardiac unit at SLMC. You must analyze the proposed budget and make recommendations to improve the development of the budget. Evidence will be used to support your strategies.
Note: Use the resources in Doc Sharing related to SLMC to assist in completion of this assignment; Week 5 Budget Development Background Information and SLMC information as needed.
- Clearly introduce your budget-development assignment in the introduction paragraph, including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
- Clearly articulate the steps you would take, as the nurse executive, to develop a budget for your cardiac unit at SLMC.
- Clearly analyze the proposed sample budget developed for the cardiac unit at SLMC.
- Clearly articulate your strategies to improve the budget development for the cardiac unit at SLMC.
- Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that support your budget strategies.
- Provide conclusion statements for your overall assignment content.
- The paper will be a length of three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).
Note: If you go over the paper length, the information will not be graded by the instructor.
- Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (6th edition).
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.