Assignment: Solid Academic Writing
Assignment: Solid Academic Writing
Identify a quality improvement opportunity in your organization or practice. In a 1,250-1,500 word paper, describe the problem or issue and propose a quality improvement initiative based on evidence-based practice. Apply “The Road to Evidence-Based Practice” process, illustrated in Chapter 4 of your textbook, to create your proposal.
Include the following:
- Provide an overview of the problem and the setting in which the problem or issue occurs.
- Explain why a quality improvement initiative is needed in this area and the expected outcome.
- Discuss how the results of previous research demonstrate support for the quality improvement initiative and its projected outcomes. Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years, not included in the course materials or textbook, that establish evidence in support of the quality improvement proposed.
- Discuss the steps necessary to implement the quality improvement initiative. Provide evidence and rationale to support your answer.
- Explain how the quality improvement initiative will be evaluated to determine whether there was an improvement.
- Support your explanation by identifying the variables, hypothesis test, and statistical test that you would need to prove that the quality improvement initiative succeeded.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
Application of Professional Concepts in Clinical
1. Relate how caring and advocacy principles are used in client-centered care.
2. Identify the impact of collaboration among the members of the health care team.
: Clinical rotations are a critical component of your experiential learning education and are one of
the foundations for professional nursing practice. This assignment asks that you consider the professional
concepts studied this term in the context of your clinical experience.
Instructions / Questions
1. Identify a patient care situation that you participated in or closely observed members of the interdisciplinary
team participate in during your clinical experience this semester.
a. Briefly describe the clinical situation in a clear, objective and professional manner.
b. Do not use names or other clearly identifying information (use descriptor such as ‘Nurse A’, ‘the
patient’ or initials, ‘the patient’s spouse’, ‘Dr. K.’, etc.)
2. Discuss how
professional nursing concepts from NSG 130 were applied in this clinical situation. Include
how the concepts you select are related (see samples on Canvas and text books).
Reply to the following prompts:
a. Discuss the impact of effective and/or ineffective application of the concepts on the clinical situation.
b. Describe any other nursing knowledge, skill or attitude that was applicable to this situation such as
professional nursing standards (ANA), QSEN, or concepts from other courses (safety, infection prevention,
anatomy and physiology, cultural knowledge, etc.)
3. Briefly describe how this experience will help inform your future clinical practice as a nursing student or an
4. APA –This assignment requires personal reflection on the application of professional nursing concepts in your
clinical rotation and therefore may be written in the first person. Other APA guidelines apply. The length of
the paper needs to be adequate and the content of high quality. In the evaluation, the assignment quality will
be weighed heavier than quantity. The paper should include at least one reference and should be about 200–
300 words in length (not including references). You’re course texts are a good source to reference, or you
may reference a professional journal article or professional standard.
Submission and Due Dates:
Before submitting the assignment, review the APA tips and sample template in
Canvas. The paper is due no later than 2330 on Friday, November 22
, by 2330.
Submit paper to electronically to the instructor (T. Granger) per
Application of Professional Concepts Rubric
Fails to Meet Expectations
The student’s reflection
and response to the
presented in a clear
manner; The topic is
The paper is
and it is supported with detail.The student’s reflection relates to the instruction prompts/topic; the student satisfactorily addresses the topic; Detail is provided. It may take a re-reading to